Top five ways to have a fairy tale wedding on a shoestring budget!
Your wedding is one of the most important days of your life… you plan it, you prepare for it, you stress over it, and quite often, you end up to you eyeballs in debt over it!
The wedding industry knows this, and I hate to say this, but they play on your emotions and your stress. They will want to take over completely for you…. for a fee of course!
But if you are ready for this, you can have the fairy tale wedding of your dreams on a shoestring budget.
1) Pick another day from Saturday… this is the most expensive day to get married… I personally got married on a Friday night at 6pm. I was able to rent a hall for half the price, and got a good deal on my honeymoon that left Saturday morning to Bahamas!
2) Plan what you want, sit down and figure out ahead of time, how many people, what type of food, flowers, dress etc… BEFORE you talk to anyone, if you are not sure and you hmmmm a lot, they will move in on you quickly! At least have some kind of plan in your head and what your definition of a fairy tale wedding is!
3) Hire interior decorating students to help you with the hall, this will save quite a bit there.
4) Save as much money on the “extras” as you can, so that you can spend the money on the parts that are most important to you, such as your dress!. Do you really have to have 200.00 dollar centerpieces on the tables at the receptions?.. Personally, at the last wedding I went to, we found them to be in the way, and they got put under the table!! What a waste of money that was, as there were 25 tables at this wedding.
5) Another nice way to get “extra” pictures at weddings, is to purchase lots of disposable cameras, and put them on the reception tables, and have your guests take pictures during the reception… its amazing the neat pictures your guests can take!… But above all, stay calm, and try not to stress… try to anticipate what are going to be problems ahead of time, so that you can keep one step ahead of trouble..
There are many wedding planners out there that you can hire, but there is just as much good information on the net, in the form of ebooks, that are written by people who have “been there done that”.. one person was able to get a designer dress for 1/4 of the price, find out how….. your wedding on a shoestring budget