Our son is getting married. He has been engaged for over a year. We live over 700 miles from him , his fiance and her parents. WE have no idea what has gone on up to this point.
1. Her parents have yet to call us.
2. They have planned a Disney Wedding Destination Cruise.
3. They have sent out invitations to only a few aunts, uncles, and cousins on our side. (who…by the way can not make it)
4. We don’t know if there was or will be a shower.
5. Our son says he doesn’t care that no one can make it cause “this is just for us”!
6 The wedding is at the end of August
7. We found out that some of his very wild crazy friends will be on the cruise.
8. We are feeling very awkward about calling her parents.
9. They are having 2 ceremonies — 1 before they board the ship and another on Disney’s Private island on the last day of the cruise. However, we don’t know if there will be a dinner etc.
Was it our place to contact the bride’s parents? Shouldn’t they have included us in some of the plans? We are quite upset and don’t know how to handle this. We are not planning on attending the cruise. We are trying to get info on the pre cruise ceremony and attend that.
( This cruise will set us back over $3,000! Maybe $4,000 with plane flight. That doesn’t include the gift we would like to give our son. We are retired and just can’t afford this! We don’t want to hurt his feelings but times are tough. We would rather give them a nice gift instead of paying for the cruise. Also, we will feel really weird to meet her parents for the first time at that point.)